Instead of tearing open a bag of potato crisps, why not try making some vegetable crisps for an equally tasty but far healthier, lower calorie snack. You can choose from a variety of vegetables – carrots, parsnips, beetroot, sweet potatoes, but here we opted for spinach seeing as it’s currently in season and we were able to pick it straight from the garden. These are easy to do, and seriously moorish, plus they’re a lot better for you than your average bowl of crisps!Print
Spinach Crisps with Garlic & Paprika
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
- 100g spinach leaves
- 2 olive oil tbsp
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 2 cloves garlic
- Crush the garlic in a pestle and mortar, then add the olive oil and paprika.
- Rinse your spinach leaves and then pat dry. Combine them with the olive oil mixture in a bowl and gently toss until all the leaves are coated.
- Lay them out on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake in a pre-heated 180C oven for 12 minutes.
- Turn off the oven but leave the tray in there for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and let the spinach sit in the pan for 5 minutes more to crisp up.
- Serve immediately.