These are easy to do and full of flavour, whilst also being a great healthy snack alternative. They’re packed with protein and fiber but also low in fat and made with all natural ingredients.
You can find various recipes for roasted chickpeas around the world. They are famous in Turkey, India and Mexico, all prepared slightly differently and all tasty in their own way. We’ve even seen them roasted with honey and sea salt for a sweet and slightly salty taste experience. In Spain they’re roasted with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and smoked Paprika or just plain, with a little bit of salt. You can buy them in local markets or find them served as a little snack in Tapas bars.
This is our own version, with added spice as we do love our spicy things!Print
Spicy Paprika Oven-Roasted Chickpeas
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Cuisine: Pasta & Pulses|Tapas
- 400g drained chickpeas
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp spicy paprika (pimentón picante)
- 1 tsp cayenne powder
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and then preheat your oven to 200C.
- Drain and rinse your chickpeas. In a mixing bowl mix them with the olive oil and the spices.
- Once thoroughly coated, spread them evenly over the baking tray.
- Roast in the oven for about 40 minutes or until crispy, tossing and mixing the chickpeas at intervals.
- Remove and cool. Store in an air-tight container.