This party bite might look elaborate, but it’s easy to make and doesn’t need a lot of preparation. The best thing about a tapa is the combination of lots of different ingredients and tastes in a little bite and this certainly hits the mark.Print
Grilled Aubergine with Goats Cheese, Mint & Cherry Tomatoes
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Cuisine: Tapas
- 4 pieces of bread
- 4 slices aubergine, 1cm thick
- 4 slices goats cheese
- 4 mint leaves
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp olive oil for cooking
- Place your aubergine slices on a plate and add salt to both sides. This will help get rid of any excess moisture which will mean they absorb less oil. Leave them to stand.
- After about 5 minutes, dry them with paper towels and them place them on the grill. In Spain grills are usually flat top grills or ‘planchas’ so if you’re using one, add a small amount of olive oil before hand. Cook the aubergine slices over a low heat for about 10 minutes.
- You can use whatever bread you prefer. We used ciabatta with seeds for ours. You’ll need pieces that will form adequate bases for your stack.
- Toast the bread, and then layer your aubergine, goats cheese, mint leaf and finally your cherry tomato onto each slice. It’s also worth using a wooden cocktail stick to pin the ingredients together so that they don’t move.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and then cook for about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.