A perfect sweet savoury combination. These goats cheese bites are an ideal choice when you may be having lots of different tapas and you need something sweet to have just before dessert to start to introducing sweet flavours. Alternatively if you’re feeling a little guilty after a big meal this little bite can substitute as dessert: it’s sweet, beautiful and bite-sized.Print
Goats Cheese Bites with Dates, Thyme & Honey
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Cuisine: Tapas
- 4 pieces of bread
- 80g of creamy goats cheese
- 4 seedless dates
- bunch of thyme
- dark honey (optional)
- Toast the pieces of bread under the grill until golden.
- Spread approx 20g of goats cheese on each piece.
- Cut a date in a half and place on the top of the cheese.
- Place the slices on a baking tray and put in the oven for about for about 5 minutes at 180C. When the cheese starts to melt, they are ready.
- Garnish with some thyme and if you want a sweet touch, add some dark or palm honey.