Pan de higo (Spanish Fig Bread) is a traditional way to preserve figs for the cold winter months. This artisanal fig bread is a specialty of Andalusia and in fact is not really a bread but more like a really dense figgy Christmas cake. Spaniards normally have it for Christmas, but in fact can be enjoyed at anytime and goes really well with all types of cheese.Print
Goats Cheese and Fig Bread with Sage
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Cuisine: Desserts & Treats|Tapas|Vegetarian
- Two slices sourdough bread (or your favorite bread)
- 100gr Goats Cheese
- 100gr fig bread or dry figs
- Generous drizzlings of honey
- 1-2 tsp fresh sage
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Slice the bread and lightly toast it on a baking sheet in the oven.
- Cut the cheese and spread each slice of bread with it. Then bake the bread in the oven for a couple of minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Roughly chop your fig bread and sprinkle over the top along with the sage. Then drizzle over some honey, to taste.