Secallona is a long, slender all-pork sausage from Catalonia in the north of Spain. It is similar to another Catalonian salami-type sausage known as fuet, although it is smaller in diameter and combines really well with one of Spain’s best known cheeses – Manchego.Print
Manchego and Secallona Dip
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Cuisine: Tapas|Vegetarian
- 250gr grated Manchego cheese
- 1 Secallona chopped
- 2 peppers chopped
- 1 red onion chopped
- 3 tbsp piquillos peppers pâté or other vegetable pâté
- Black Olive breadsticks or other breadstick to dip
- Heat the oven or grill.
- In fraying pan over a medium heat, add the chopped secallona, peppers and chopped onion and cook through for about 5 minutes. Add the piquillo pepper pâté, drain and set aside.
- In a ceramic or heatproof dish, add the manchego cheese and grill until melted. Top with drained secallona mixture and stir to mix everything together.
- Serve immediately with together with breadsticks.