Stuffed Peppers with Spanish Omelette
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
- 6-8 Spanish green peppers
- 1 medium onion
- 2 large potatoes
- 4 eggs
- a splash of milk
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the onion and potatoes into small cubes and then fry them in a pan with hot oil, adding salt. When they are soft, drain, removing excess oil with kitchen towel and then put aside.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl with a splash of milk. Season with salt and pepper and then add the potato mixture and fried onions. This will be the filling.
- Cut the tops from the peppers and de-seed. Wash and dry the inside and fill with the your mixture.
- They can then be cooked in two ways: 1) Fried in hot oil then remove, season and serve or 2) Baked: put them in a baking dish with a little oil, and place in the oven at 180 degrees for about 25 minutes, turning them halfway through. We prefer the second option because it is more healthy and just as tasty.
- They can be served whole or sliced.