Avocado and Chocolate? I’m sure you’ve seen many crazy avocado recipes before – we personally think that’s probably because there’s so many avacadoholics out there, desperately trying to find as many ways as possible to enjoy them. That aside, if you didn’t know already, chocolate avocado pudding, well it’s a thing.
Think of it as healthy chocolate pudding. Avocados not only promote heart health but help to fight cancer and regulate blood sugar levels too. It’s a deliciously rich, dairy-free dessert that will fool most chocoholics! The avocados bring creaminess and the cocoa biscuits some of the sweetness. Plus it’s easy to prepare!
Warning: If you’re an avocado lover, then you’ll almost certainly adore this pudding.Print
Biscuit Cake with Avocado Chocolate Filling
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Cuisine: Desserts & Treats|Vegetarian
- 10 chocolate biscuits
- 250ml almond milk
- 20ml sherry or brandy
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tbsp organic cocoa powder
- 25g of dried apple slices
- First you are going to prepare your avocado chocolate filling. Remove your avocado from the skin (as well as the pit) and place in a food processor. Blend until soft and creamy.
- Add your cocoa powder and and blend again until it is well combined.
- Now using a mortar and a pestle, mash up your dried apple slices into small pieces and then put to one side.
- Pour your almond milk and sherry into a bowl and give it a bit of a stir with a spoon.
- Now you are going to create the cake. Take one of your biscuits and dip it into your milk mixture for 2 or 3 seconds (don’t leave it for too long, otherwise it will get too soggy!)
- Then take 2 tsps of the avocado chocolate filling and spread it on one side of your biscuit. Sprinkle a few of your dried apple pieces on the top. Now repeat this same process 4 more times – dipping the biscuits in the milk mixture, spreading each one with some filling, and then adding some dried apple.
- Your can assemble your cake as you go, or at the end when you’ve prepared all your biscuits – it’s up to you. Each of your cakes though should have 5 biscuits, with the top one also having some filling and a sprinkle of your dried apple slices.
- For 2 cakes as per the amount of ingredients in this recipe, you will have to run through your dipping, filling and assembly process again. If you just want one, then just halve the quantities of the ingredients.
- You can finish each cake by garnishing with any left over dried apple slices you have and maybe with some nuts.
- Serving Size: 2 individual biscuit cakes