A deliciously refreshing dessert ideal for the summer. With a crunchy chewy base made biscuits, nuts, dates and raisins and then topped with a refreshing fruit sorbet.Print
Frozen Mango Biscuit Cake
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Cuisine: Desserts
- 1 tin of biscuits, your choice
- 80g of salted mixed nuts
- 20 dates
- 20 raisins
- 3 mangos
- 250g greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 10 strawberries to garnish
- edible flowers to garnish such as jasmine and lavender
- First you need to prepare and freeze your mangoes and your yogurt as you need to work with them frozen. Take a knife and and remove the skin from the mangoes. Then cut them up into bite size chunks and freeze in small freezer bags. It is hard to separate frozen mango so apportion it sensibly in different bags or first freeze the cubes spread out on a tray so they are easier to work with when frozen before then transferring to freezer bags.
- Just put the appropriate amount of yogurt into a tupperware container and freeze overnight or several hours ahead of making this recipe.
- With your preparations done, the first part to preparing this recipe is to make the base. In a food processor, combine your biscuits, nuts, dates and raisins and blend until they all start to come together.
- Next take a springform cake tin – one where the base and the sides are separate pieces and the sides can be easily removed – and build a flat layer on the pan base with your mixture. Then put the base in the freezer whilst you make your filling.
- Remove your mango and yogurt from the freezer and in your food processor blend the mango, yogurt, vanilla extract and agave syrup. Once mixed well, you should have a nice ice cream consistency.
- Remove the pan base from the freezer, snap on the sides and pour your mango filling over the base, to the top. Return to the freezer again for about 1 hour.
- Take from the freezer about 10 minutes before you want to serve and garnish with the strawberry halves and your edible flowers.