- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Cuisine: Desserts & Treats|Vegetarian
- 65gr uncooked long-grain white rice
- 80gr almonds
- Cinnamon stick
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon powder
- 1 litre of water
- 1/4 cup rum or add to taste!
- First grind up your rice and cinnamon – we used a coffee grinder.
- In a large bowl combine your almonds, ground cinnamon and rice with 1/2 litre warm water. Add the cinnamon stick to the bowl and cover and then place in the refrigerator for 8 to 12 hours.
- Remove the bowl from the refrigerator and remove the cinnamon stick. Then in a food processor blend the mixture for 2 to 3 minutes on high speed, or until you’ve got the mixture as smooth as possible.
Add the honey and the other 1/2 litre of water and blend again for 2 more minutes, or again until the mixture is as smooth as possible.
- Pour the horchata into a pan and heat at medium heat for 5 minutes, until warm. Add a few glugs of lovely Rum and serve with a touch of cinnamon powder sprinkled on top. Yum!