Courgette Rolls Stuffed with Peppers and Feta Cheese
- Prep Time: 60 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
- 1 large green courgette
- 5 red roasted spanish peppers
- 4 medium sized garlic cloves
- 40g feta cheese
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- Preheat your oven to 200C. Cover the garlic cloves with foil and put in the oven for about 40 minutes, until
soft and tender.
- Meanwhile slice the courgette into strips of about 3mm thickness.
- To cook the courgette strips, you can use a grill pan or non-stick frying pan. Lightly oil the surface and put on a medium heat.
- When the oil reaches the right temperature, add the strips, turning them frequently to prevent burning. Cook until lightly browned – not too crunchy – and then remove from the pan, placing them on kitchen paper to remove any excess oil. Add salt to taste.
- Place the peppers in a bowl together with the softened garlic from the oven and mash with a fork until you have a puree.
- Add the feta cheese to your puree and continue mashing until the mixture thickens.
- Now for the assembly. Spread some pepper mixture onto each courgette sheet and then roll it up!
- Heat for a couple of minutes in the oven and then serve.