A bite-sized taste of authentic Spanish flavour. Jamón Ibérico and tomatoes are so quintessentially Spanish. Used in so many Spanish dishes, it was thanks to the conquistadors that tomatoes originally found their way to Europe. Here they are paired with one of the culinary gems of Spain, smooth, rich acorn-fed jamón ibérico de bellota. This simple dish is easy to make and works for breakfast, as a tapa or as starter for lunch or dinner. Ideally enjoy with good weather and a very cold beer.Print
Tomato & Jamón Ibérico Slice
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Cuisine: Tapas
- 1 large fresh tomato
- 4 pieces of crusty bread
- 12 thin slices of Jamón Ibérico
- olive oil
- sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- Toast your bread under the grill under golden.
- Drizzle the toast with good quality olive oil.
- Cut the tomato into slices of approx 1cm width and place them on the toast. Season the tomato well with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Finally, add your slices of Jamón Ibérico to the top. Enjoy!