A quick and easy tapa. For this dish we’ve used picos, traditional Spanish mini breadsticks made with olive oil, but you can equally substitute these for another type of mini breadstick if you can’t find them. And remember, the best way to eat tapas is when sharing with friends and family. Forget the manners and any protocol, just use your fingers and ‘dig in’. This is the essence of what tapas are all about.Print
Picos with Ham, Dates and Cream Cheese
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Cuisine: Meat|Tapas
- 180gr sliced serrano ham, halved horizontally
- 20 picos or mini breadsticks
- 10 pitted dates
- 50gr cream cheese
- 50gr apple, orange and cinnamon jam or jam of your choice
- oregano and nigella seeds to garnish
- Working one at a time, wrap your halved serrano ham slice on each mini breadstick at an angle, covering the entire length. Repeat with remaining serrano ham and breadsticks.
- Slice an opening into one side of the date. Fill with a spoonful of cream cheese and top with a few oregano leaves and nigella seeds.
- Then take a tsp of apple, orange and cinnamon jam (or other of your choice) and add to the top of your stuffed date and then finish with one of your breadsticks wrapped with serrano ham. Repeat with all the remaining ingredients.