A very easy tapa to prepare and packed with delicious tastes of the sea using some gourmet scallop pâté and mussels dressed in a white escabeche. Great summertime snacking and would work perfectly as an aperetivo with a nice white wine.Print
Filo Pastry Baskets with Scallop Pâté and Mussels
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Cuisine: Fish|Tapas
- 4 sheets filo pastry
- 100g tin of scallop paté (or your choice seafood paté)
- 1 x 95g tin mussels in white escabeche (or your choice mussels)
- red cabage to garnish
- rocket leaves to garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- For this recipe you’ll need 8 cupcake cases to shape the little filo pastry baskets.
- Take you sheets of filo pastry and cut them in halve. Then with slightly wet hands to make the pastry more pliable, shape each half into one of your cupcake cases to make your baskets.
- Then place the cupcake cases in a preheated the oven for about 15 minutes at 180C. Keep an eye on them though so that they don’t burn.
- Your baskets are ready when they the pasty is crispy and golden. Remove them from the oven and put on a plate.
- Stuff the baskets with a couple of teaspoons of scallop pâté. Then top with a mussel from your mussel in white escabeche mix and garnish with some slices of red cabbage and some rockets leaves.