Deliciously healthy ice-cream sandwiches made with yogurt and cream cheese ice-cream and flavoured with organic dried mango chunks. Perfect summer treats when the hot weather is around.Print
Mango Crunch Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Prep Time: 2 hours
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 2 hours 5 minutes
- Cuisine: Desserts
- 250ml greek yougurt
- 150g cream cheese
- 25g organic dried mango or alternative dried fruit
- 1 tin of organic biscuits
- 2 tbsp honey or agave syrop
- Mix the yogurt and the cream cheese together until soft and smooth. Add the honey or agave syrup and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Whilst the ice-cream is in the freezer, using a pestle and mortar, crush up your dried mango into small pieces that you will be mixing with the ice-cream later. Keep some apart in a separate bowl to use for a garnish.
- Once the ice-cream mixture is frozen, remove from the freezer and put in a food processor or blender to soften, otherwise it will be too hard to work with. Add some of the dried mango pieces.
- Take a couple of biscuits and place a scoop of the ice cream between them. Press together to form the sandwich.
- Dip the sandwich in the remaining mango crunch pieces that you put to one side.
- Serve immediately, or keep the ice-cream sandwiches in the freezer until ready wrapped in waxed paper or plastic wrap.