This delicious snack uses lemon curd with a twist, infused with green mint tea. Fresh and different you can add this to your cakes or simply eat it with toast. We decided to make a light snack with some cereal bars. A great combination!Print
Lemon Curd Tea-Infused Cereal Bars
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Cuisine: Desserts
- 3 free range eggs
- 120g unrefined caster sugar
- 40ml fresh lemon juice
- 40ml green mint tea
- 55g unsalted butter
- 4g lemon zest
- 1 cereal bar
- First prepare the tea. Heat 250ml of water to about 80 or 90 C – try not let the water boil – and then add 1 tsp of green tea and 5 to 10 leaves of fresh mint.
- Next put the eggs in a bowl and whisk. Once well blended, add the sugar and continue stirring. When the sugar is well integrated, add the lemon juice and green tea and continue to stir until well mixed.
- Sit the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water, making sure the water is not touching the bottom of the bowl. Stir the mixture (best to use a wooden spoon) every now and again until the lemon curd changes consistency. This will take about 20 or 30 minutes
- Melt your butter and then add this to your mixture, stirring to mix well.
- Then add lemon zest and stir. That should fill a jar of approximately 500ml. Pour your mixture into a jar and then put it in the fridge and leave for at least 1 hour.
- Lastly, take your cereal bar and cut into 4. Add a teaspoon of your lemon curd to the top of each bit and finish with some fresh mint.