Ideal for cold nights and also a great dish to introduce children to vegetables.Print
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Cuisine: Pasta & Pulses
- 1 medium sized onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 celery sticks, diced
- 2 small carrots, diced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 litre chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tsp rosemary, chopped
- 1/4 tsp oregano, dried
- 250g alphabet soup pasta
- 400g of tinned tomatoes
- Chop the onion and garlic finely and then heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a saucepan.
- On a high heat sauté the onion and garlic first. Sweat these in the pan and then add the carrots and celery and cook for another 5-6 minutes.
- Add the freshly chopped tomatoes, together with rosemary and oregano and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Then add the tinned tomatoes, alphabet soup and 1 litre of stock.
- Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is al dente.