Find out more
- COMPOSTABLE & BIODEGRADABLE ECO COFFEE PODS: Our Blue Goose Eco Coffee Pod range offers a simple plastic-free swap that tastes exceptional. Compatible with Nespresso original drop-through machines (excl. Expert), they’re produced using renewable energy & made using waste wood bark from the European paper industry. Place used capsules in your council or Government food waste bin (or home compost them but this is extremely dependent on optimal composting conditions and presence of the correct micro-organisms). For more info, visit our “Compostable Coffee Capsule FAQ” page.
- ECO COFFEE POD COLLECTION GIFT PACK: Give yourself or the Nespresso coffee-lover in your life a planet-conscious caffeine treat thanks to our Eco Coffee Pod Collection gift pack, full to the brim with our 4 exceptional tasting, speciality Arabica coffees. From our Ethiopian Yirgacheffe’s Which? Magazine ‘Best Buy’ accolade to our full bodied Organic Peruvian to our well balanced Lungo and rich Swiss Water Decaf, you’ll love all our exceptional coffees!
- SPECIALITY ARABICA COFFEES & 10% MORE COFFEE: From our coffees to our plastic free capsules, our new Blue Goose speciality coffee eco pod range proves just how good capsule coffee *should* taste. They also contain 10% more of the finest speciality Arabica coffees than standard Nespresso capsules too, giving you a wonderful mug of coffee each and every time without the guilt!
- CAPSULES & PERFORMANCE GUARANTEED: Our capsules are designed for maximum performance in Nespresso machines. In fact, they perform better than many plastic and Aluminium-compatible pods (non-Nespresso) so we’ll guarantee their performance or give you your money back. They are also oxygen-sealed to keep our wonderful coffees fresh for 12 months, but you’ll definitely not wait that long to drink them all up!
- GROWER PREMIUMS & CHARITY DONATIONS: Farmed sustainably and in harmony with the environment, the premium we pay our growers for their highest-quality speciality coffee beans allows them to invest in their livelihoods, families and communities. Sip by sip you will also be helping us support water and wildlife projects in our origins, including one that protects the Abyssinian Blue-Winged Goose, which is the inspiration for our range and brand!
Welcome to the Blue Goose…a new breed of coffee capsule
Performing just like any Original Line Nespresso® capsule, place our certified Plastic-Free, compostable coffee pods into your council food waste bin to be processed into compost or liquid fertilizer depending on your local council’s food waste processing facilities.
Aluminium & plastic coffee capsules take between 200-500 years to degrade in landfill. According to Nespresso®, just 21% of theirs are recycled which means hundreds of millions are thrown into black bins each year, headed for incinerators or landfill. That’s an incredible legacy per cup, so follow the Blue Goose to enjoy the welcome lift that comes from drinking delicious coffee while playing your part for our planet!
Coffee with a conscience
Nick and I wanted to match our eco-credentials with the finest coffee capsule experience which is why we our pay smallholder farming cooperatives and growers a premium beyond the Fairtrade Minimum Price for their speciality grade Arabica coffees. This greater income helps our growers build their livelihoods so their families and local communities can thrive into the future while their amazing speciality coffee allows us all to appreciate just how good capsule coffee should taste, with no aluminium or plastic capsules in sight!
Our eco coffee pods are manufactured using renewable energy and our recyclable packaging is made from sustainably-sourced FSC® cardboard, printed using vegetable inks. We’ve even secured our 10-capsule cartons with plastic-free glue, which we worked hard with our supplier to achieve!
Your order & support
You’ll receive 40 oxygen-tight compostable coffee pods in a postal pack which also makes a lovely ready-made gift, especially at Christmas time if you are wondering what to give your favourite coffee lover (it’ a fab Secret Santa coffee present too!)
As a small business, we really value you, our customers, so always respond personally, and very much hope you enjoy each and every cup!
Lex & Nick, Co-founders Blue Goose Coffee and The Foodies Larder