- PREMIUM QUALITY: Using only the best grade Arabica beans, this espresso blend of four premium quality varieties of Arabica coffee from South America, Central America and Indonesia is blended using 70% Bourbon Arabica beans, one of oldest and most celebrated Arabica bean cultivars.
- HAND HARVESTED: Coffee cherries are harvested by hand, ensuring only the very best fruits at the optimal point of ripeness are chosen for this premium coffee.
- UNIQUE BLEND: An exceptional full-bodied coffee, blended to an old family recipe. Rich in flavour and aroma with an abundant crema, medium acidity and sweet persistent mouth feel. The perfect espresso to top off a feast with its notes of dark chocolate, nuts and caramel together with a spicy hint of cloves.
- SLOW ROASTED: The slow roasting process for over 17 minutes at 225°C ensures every bean gets a perfectly even roast, inside and out.
- AWARD WINNING: Winners of two Double Gold Great Taste Awards, Café Saula have been roasting coffee since 1950.
Producing some of the very best coffee in Europe for over 65 years, Café Saula is a family-owned coffee roasting company based in the Spanish city of Barcelona. Their multiple awards are testament to their ability to create truly great coffee with superior aroma, taste and colour.
Premium Bourbon Gran Espresso
Café Saula’s Premium Bourbon Gran Espresso blends four varieties of Arabica coffee beans. An exclusive Arabica blend containing 70% of the Arabica Bourbon cultivar, it combines the creamy sweetness and nutty complexity of Bourbon coffee beans from Central and South America with the buttery chocolate flavours of those from Indonesia.
Bourbon coffee plants generally yield fewer coffee cherries so are one of the rarer varieties of bean, but with the right processing and roast they produce a wonderfully well-balanced coffee with a sweet and light, fruity overtone.
With only the best fruit from each crop chosen, the cherries undergo Saula’s unique 7-stage cleaning process to ensure only the finest, best prepared coffee beans are used in the blend to maintain a consistent taste, aroma and flavour.
The beans are then slow roasted using traditional techniques and blended using an old Saula family recipe. The result is an exceptional coffee characterised by a pleasant sweetness, intense flavour and a good body. Its sweet aroma with notable hints of nuts, chocolate and caramel provides the perfect espresso to enjoy after dinner.
Choose your brewing method
If you’re a drip filter nut, a super cool Aeropress user or just love a cafetière full of beautiful coffee, Café Saula’s Premium Bourbon blend is ideal! It’s perfect too for percolators, siphons, home espresso machines and stove-top espresso makers.