Find out more
Enjoy our speciality coffee without the caffeine kick or chemical trail thanks to our Swiss Water decaf coffee pods filled with Organic Decaf coffee!
- 100% CHEMICAL FREE, DECAFFEINATED NATURALLY: Approximately 80% of decaf coffee has been decaffeinated using the same chemicals found in paint stripper, but our Swiss Water® decaf pods are filled with 100% chemical free and Organic decaf coffee thanks to the innovative Swiss Water® Coffee process or if you want to know more, our blog post entitled “WHAT IS THE SWISS WATER® DECAFFEINATED PROCESS?” should help. Essentially, water, time and temperature are used to create our amazing decaffeinated coffee, with the added environmental benefit that our Decaf reduces the production and use of man-made chemicals.
- COMPOSTABLE & BIODEGRADABLE COFFEE PODS: If you loved our previous eco capsule range The Foodies Larder, you’ll love Blue Goose eco coffee pods. Compatible with Nespresso® original domestic drop-through coffee machines (excl. Expert) they can be placed in your food waste collection where they will be processed into compost or liquid fertilizer within around 12 weeks depending on the facilities used by your local council. For more info, visit our “Compostable Coffee Capsule FAQ” page.
- CAPSULE PERFORMANCE: Our new capsules made from wood bark perform even better than Aluminium-compatible pods (non-Nespresso) that are now commonplace, with no water leakage before the coffee begins to extract. Our oxygen-tight capsules also means our wonderful coffees will stay fresh for 12 months, but you’ll definitely not wait that long to drink them all up.
- GROWER PREMIUMS & CHARITY DONATIONS: Farmed Organically and in harmony with the environment, the premium we pay our growers for their highest-quality speciality coffee beans allows them to invest in their livelihoods, families and communities. Sip by sip you will also be helping us support water and wildlife projects in our origins.
- ORGANIC, SINGLE-ORIGIN SPECIALITY ARABICA DECAF COFFEE: From coffee to capsule, our new Blue Goose single-origin speciality coffees prove how good capsule coffee *should* taste, especially as they contain 10% more coffee than standard Nespresso capsules. Our Swiss Water decaf pods deliver a rich coffee with medium to high acidity, lovely body and subtle notes of chocolate, fruit and caramel. An indulgent cup of coffee anytime of the day without the caffeine hit (as with all decafs, ours is 99.9% caffeine free).
Welcome to the Blue Goose…a new breed of coffee capsule
Performing just like any Original Line Nespresso® capsule, place our certified Plastic-Free, compostable coffee pods into your council food waste bin to be processed into compost or liquid fertilizer depending on your local council’s food waste processing facilities. Here is more information about disposing of used coffee capsules.
Aluminium & plastic coffee capsules take between 200-500 years to degrade in landfill. According to Nespresso® in 2018 just 21% of theirs are recycled which means hundreds of millions are thrown into black bins each year, headed for incinerators or landfill. That’s an incredible legacy per cup, so follow the Blue Goose to enjoy the welcome lift that comes from drinking delicious coffee while playing your part for our planet!
Coffee with a conscience
Nick and I wanted to match our eco-credentials with the finest coffee capsule experience which is why we pay our smallholder farming cooperatives and growers a premium beyond the Fairtrade Minimum Price for their speciality grade Arabica coffees. This greater income helps our growers build their livelihoods so their families and local communities can thrive into the future while their amazing speciality coffee allows us all to appreciate just how good capsule coffee should taste, with no aluminium or plastic capsules in sight!
Sip by sip, you are also helping us support water and wildlife projects in our origins.
Our Swiss Water decaf pods are manufactured using renewable energy and our recyclable packaging is made from sustainably-sourced cardboard, printed using vegetable inks & secured with plastic-free glue.