- COMPOSTABLE & BIODEGRADABLE COFFEE PODS: If you loved our previous eco capsule range The Foodies Larder, you’ll love Blue Goose Coffee capsules. Compatible with Nespresso original domestic drop-through coffee machines (excl. Expert) and turning to compost in 6-12 weeks via your council food waste collection.
- 100% CHEMICAL FREE, DECAFFEINATED NATURALLY: Approximately 80% of decaf coffee has been decaffeinated using the same chemicals found in paint stripper, but our Organic Honduran Swiss Water Decaf is 100% chemical free thanks to the innovative Swiss Water Coffee process. Water, time and temperature are used to create our amazing decaffeinated coffee, with the added environmental benefit that our Decaf reduces the production and use of man-made chemicals.
- CAPSULE PERFORMANCE: Our new capsules made from wood bark perform even better than Aluminium-compatible pods (non-Nespresso) that are now commonplace, with no water leakage before the coffee begins to extract. Our oxygen-tight capsules also means our wonderful coffees will stay fresh for 12 months, but you’ll definitely not wait that long to drink them all up.
- GROWER PREMIUMS & CHARITY DONATIONS: Farmed Organically and in harmony with the environment, the premium we pay our growers for their highest-quality speciality coffee beans allows them to invest in their livelihoods, families and communities. Sip by sip you will also be helping us support water and wildlife projects in our origins.
- ORGANIC, SINGLE-ORIGIN SPECIALITY ARABICA DECAF COFFEE: From coffee to capsule, our new Blue Goose single-origin speciality coffees prove how good capsule coffee *should* taste, especially as they contain 10% more coffee than standard Nespresso capsules. Our decaf delivers a rich coffee with medium to high acidity, lovely body and subtle notes of chocolate, fruit and caramel. An indulgent cup of coffee anytime of the day without the caffeine hit (as with all decafs, ours is 99.9% caffeine free).
Welcome to the Blue Goose…a new breed of coffee capsule
Performing just like any ‘Original Line’ Nespresso capsule, place our plastic-free, compostable coffee capsules & lid into your council food waste bin and they’ll be compost within 12 weeks, unlike Aluminium & plastic coffee capsules that take 200-500 years to degrade in landfill (according to Nespresso, just 21% of theirs are recycled so in 2016 that means approximately 268 million were thrown into landfill or burnt for energy!).
That’s an incredible legacy per cup, so follow the Blue Goose to enjoy the welcome lift that comes from drinking delicious coffee while playing your part for our planet.
Coffee with a conscience
Nick and I wanted to match our eco-credentials with the finest capsule coffee experience. So we naturally selected Speciality grade Arabica coffee, for which we pay our smallholder farming cooperatives and growers a premium beyond the Fairtrade Minimum Price.
Not only does this greater income help our growers build their livelihoods so their families and local communities can thrive into the future, but their amazing speciality coffee allows us all to appreciate just how good capsule coffee should taste, with no aluminium or plastic capsule in sight!
Sip by sip, you are also helping us support water and wildlife projects in our origins.
Our eco coffee capsules are manufactured using renewable energy and all our recyclable packaging is printed using vegetable inks and made from sustainably-sourced cardboard.
Your order & support
Each order includes 40 oxygen-tight compostable & biodegradable coffee pods so will sit nicely in your preferred capsule holder, staying fresh thanks to their 12-month shelf-life. As a small business, we really value you, our customers, so always respond personally.
We hope you enjoy each and every cup!