- TASTE EXPERIENCE: A complex, sweet and intensely flavored coffee. With a light to medium body this fragrant coffee has hints of spice and rich fruit with a chocolatey finish. Strength 5 (out of 10).
- ORGANIC & FAIRTRADE CERTIFIED: Organic and Strictly High Grown 100% pure single origin Arabica coffee, shade-grown at an altitude of between 1900 and 2000 meters by a smallholder Fairtrade farming cooperative in Ethiopia’s Yirgacheffe region.
- 100% BIODEGRADABLE PODS: Made from cornstarch, these 100% biodegradable and compostable capsules are compatible with all Nespresso® machines and will decompose in your home composter or organic recycling within 6 months.
- SPECIALITY SINGLE ORIGIN ARABICA COFFEE: With it’s incredibly diverse range of microclimates and soils, Ethiopia’s Yirgacheffe region is the birthplace of coffee and is known for some of the highest quality, uniquely flavoured and most prized Arabica coffees in the world.
- 10% MORE COFFEE: Freshly roasted in the UK, each of our pods contain 5.5g of premium coffee compared to the 5g found in a standard Nespresso® capsule. The pods come in a hermetically pressure sealed premium, recyclable screw top tin for freshness – 20 pods per tin.
Our Ethiopian Yirgacheffe – Strength 5 out of 10
Our Strictly High Grown organic and Fairtrade Ethiopian coffee is slow grown at altitude, giving it a complex, sweet and intensely refreshing flavour. The result is a fragrant coffee with a light to medium body and a hint of spice & rich fruit, with a lovely chocolatey finish.
The Foodies Larder ‘Delectable’ Coffee Range
Single Origin, High Grown, Organic, Fairtrade, Rainforest Alliance certified, Swiss Water Decaffeinated…our ‘Delectable’ range of three premium coffees not only gives you a truly delicious coffee experience, but one that is ethical and sustainable too.
Biodegradable & Compostable
You see, unlike Nespresso® and plastic compatible capsules, our coffee capsule range is 100% biodegradable and compostable. Simply place our capsules in your home composter or organic recycling after use and they will decompose within 6 months.
This is in stark contrast to aluminium Nespresso® capsules, which can take up to 150 years to breakdown, or up to 500 years for plastic capsules…horrifying isn’t it?!
Some companies make spurious claims about being eco-friendly, even though they sell plastic coffee capsules. Sure, if you’re dedicated enough to peel-empty-wash every single one yourself, but bang goes any convenience of owning a Nespresso® machine!
Likewise, Nespresso® offer their own capsule recycling bags, but in reality many people simply throw away their used coffee capsules only to be buried in landfill…a real-world case of convenience over conscience!
Thankfully, this no longer needs to be the case. So join us and indulge in a guilt-free coffee courtesy of our cooperative farmers and our biodegradable coffee pods.
Your order and brewing instructions
Each order includes 40 pods in 2x pressure sealed tins to maintain freshness. Use exactly like normal Nespresso® capsules and enjoy within 3 weeks of opening.